Collection of Information
We collect or receive the following general types of information when you use the Services:
Information You Provide Directly
You may provide information directly to us through the Services in several different ways. For example, you may respond to specific questions, communicate with us via email or feedback forms, complete online registration forms or questionnaires, and subscribe to email newsletters or other similar communications. The types of information you may provide directly include the following, as applicable:
- Athletic information
- Street address
- Telephone number
- E-mail addresss
- Date of birth
- Height or weight
- Academic information
- School User ID
- Graduation year
- SAT/ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities
- Payment information
- Credit card number
- Debit card number
- Other relevant information
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect certain information about you and your computer automatically when you use the Services. Automatically collected information may include:
- The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access the Services
- Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location)
- Your device information (which may include information about the mobile device you use to access our mobile application, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information)
- The website you visited before you came to the Services
- Information about the content and webpages you view, clickstream patterns, dates and times that the Services are accessed, and the features you access on the Services that we collect using cookies, Web beacons, and similar technologies.
Social Networking Information
If applicable, you log in to the Services through a social networking account (e.g., Facebook), we may collect information about you from that social networking account, including your name, email address, birthday, profile photograph, and other information associated with your social networking account.
Information from Commercially Available Sources
Use of Information
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access the Services
- To perform analytics to continually improve the Services and enhance your experience with the Services
- To provide you with promotional materials, relevant content and advertisements, surveys, newsletters, questionnaires, and other materials
- To manage your account, perform billing and payment activities, and update you on your account status (including confirmation of registrations or notices of subscription expiration)
- To respond to your requests, questions, and comments
- As we believe is necessary to protect our rights and the rights of others, including by enforcing our Terms and Conditions of Use
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Colleges and Other Users of the Services
- We may share your information directly with educational institutions, college coaches, and athletic directors. The Services may also provide opportunities for you and other users to connect with each other socially and to view each other’s profiles. To achieve this, certain information you provide may be shared with other users/subscribers of the Services.
- Service Providers
- We also may share your information with entities that provide services to us, including companies that provide payment processing, shipping, web analytics, data processing, web hosting, technical support, advertising, email distribution, and other services.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services
- There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- protect the legal rights of MySportsFolio, LLC. its affiliates, and of the users of the Services
- protect the safety and security of users of the Services
- prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes), or
- comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other Parties in Aggregated Form
- We may also share your information with third parties in aggregated or non-personally identifiable form. Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets.
If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger, divestiture, acquisition, liquidation, or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent
- Protection of Information
- We use reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone.
- Children’s Information
- The Services are neither intended for nor directed at children younger than 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13.
- Non-U.S. Users
- The Services are intended for a U.S. audience. If you access the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Services may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website, participating in any of the Services, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States and in accordance with U.S. law.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information
- We wish to maintain accurate personal information. If you have submitted personal information through the Services and set-up an account, then you can (i) access and update your personal information by logging into your online account and making the appropriate changes or (ii) delete your account by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you delete your account, we may continue to retain your information on our servers for archival purposes. If you have forgotten your login credentials, you can retrieve those via our automated password retrieval system.
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
- MySportsFolio, LLC. as well as certain third parties that provide content and other functionality on the Services—may use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Collect information about your browsing activities in order to provide you with more relevant content; and
- Relate the information automatically collected when you use the Services to information we obtain from you directly or from commercially available sources.
- Other local storage. We, along with third-party partners, may use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. These objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, however. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls.
- Web beacons. We, along with our third-party partners, may also use technologies called Web beacons that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed. We and our partners use Web beacons for a variety of purposes, including analyzing the use of the Services and in conjunction with cookies to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
- Do Not Track Signal
- Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. We do not currently take action in response to those signals. If an industry standard on responding to such signals is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to those signals.
- Links to Other Websites
- Questions and Contact Information
- Attention: MySportsFolio, LLC.
P.O. Box 413
Simpsonville, SC 29681